Will pets have heatstroke?
The summer is hot, and pets are prone to heatstroke, especially dogs.Only because they don’ta sound heat dissipation system and limited perspiration ability, it is easy to cause problems such as overheating and even heatstroke. The normal body temperature of adult dogs is between 37.5°C and 39°C. Once the dog's body temperature rises to 40 to 41°C, they will develop symptoms of heat stroke, which can even be life-threatening.
- Rapid pulse
- Loss of consciousness
- Reddened gums
- Uncoordinated movement
How to prevent heatstroke in pets
- To prevent pets from heat stroke, try to avoid taking them outside for a long time to ensure that pets have enough shaded space to rest.
- During the walk, you stop every 10 minutes to let your dogs replenish their water to help them cool down.
- Even if the parking time is short, you should never leave your pet alone in the car. After parking, the temperature inside the car will rise rapidly to above 60°C.
How to deal with pet heatstroke
- Check the body and temperature of your pets frequently to see if they have any symptoms of heatstroke.
- When pets have heatstroke, you can use 75% medicinal alcohol to lightly coat the underarms and groin on both sides of the dog. If there is no alcohol, cold water can be used to help them cool down.
- If there is a fan, you can increase the fan's wind to help them cool down.
- Every once in a while, you should check the heat for them again until their body temperature drops to normal.
- If their temperature does not drop further, the pets should be sent to a veterinary clinic for treatment immediately.
How does the infrared thermal camera help the owner prevent heatstroke in pets?
The current method of measuring body temperature is mainly animal thermometer. Pet owners need to insert the temperature needle from the pet’s anus and keep it still for three minutes to complete the whole measurement process. This step usually makes the pet uneasy and fearful and increases the owner’s actions. Difficulty. However, infrared thermal camera can provide owners with a non-contact measurement of the body temperature of pets. Keepers only need to point the lens of the thermal camera to their pets to get their temperature instantly and easily monitor the pet's body temperature. Intelligent Design Technology Limited has launched a portable infrared thermal camera designed for people who love pets at home. The thermal camera is easy to use and accurate in measuring data. It monitors the health of pets at all times and reduces hidden dangers of disease.
Infrared Thermal Camera
Want to know more? Click here
2. 一秒量眼溫 毛孩測量溫體免受苦。社團法人中華民國保護動物協會。取自https://www.apatw.org/